Writing is not easy. Writing takes a lot of time to master, and it requires a lot of support from a teacher. Unfortunately, classroom teachers don't have enough time to work with your child when there are 20-30 other children who need the teacher's attention. However, your child can catch up quickly in writing and even surpass their classmates by mastering the most important skills needed for academic writing success:
- Mastery of the verb tense system
- Mastery of the complex sentence system
- Mastery of essay writing conventions
Your child won’t feel overwhelmed by writing assignments. Instead, your child will be one of the few students in the class who will be able to approach any assignment by using the five-step approach taught in our program (it’s the same approach used by professional writers). Your child will have the confidence and skill to produce a high-quality finished writing assignment EVERY time.
My name is Jan Waginski. I have been teaching Academic Writing for over 20 years and have developed a powerful method that takes a young learner from struggling writer to clear and confident writer. This method has helped hundreds of my students, MANY of whom were struggling writers when they started. In fact, it's common for a "B" or even "C" student to become an "A" student after only a short period of training.
This is how powerful training in writing fundamentals is:
Hello Sir, I am excited to tell you that I got 94% in grade 10 English. I just received the marks and I want to thank you for teaching me English and helping me improve. I never thought I would get 94% and I am extremely happy with my marks. I got this mark thanks to you Sir, so thank you again, Mr. Jan!
Risari J. - Student in mississauga
When Risari J. moved to Mississauga from Sri Lanka 2 years ago, she was placed in ESL and scored "Progressing Well" (on a 3-point scale: Progressing with Difficulty, Progressing Well, Progressing Very Well).
After her mom found AEM Academy, she scored 94% in grade 10 English.
Moreover, the benefits of the program are not just in writing:
- Strong oral communication skills develop from strong writing skills. Presentations, speeches, and sales pitches share the same structures and rhetorical devices as essays.
- Reading comprehension skills improve dramatically when students learn to write. Students start to notice how most non-fiction writing (which is most of what children read in school) follows the same predictable structures that students are using in their own writing.
- Writing well is a requirement for positions of leadership. Managers and executives spend much of their time informing and persuading in writing.
- Writing is “thinking on the page.” When students learn the 5-step writing process, they’re able to break down big assignments into small, manageable parts. This makes it easy for students to see how ideas are related to each other and whether or not they make sense, BEFORE they ever start writing a draft.
- “The keyboard is mightier than the sword.” You can’t be an effective citizen unless you can write well.
Unfortunately, you can't count on school. Your child's high grades in English could be "fake news".
Standards in academic writing are becoming worse - not better. A student who recently joined my writing class had gotten 97% in grade 9 English, yet the writing she showed me had many grammar problems and was difficult to follow in places. I asked her how it was possible to get 97% in English with such problems. She replied that she knew she had lots of grammar problems and that she had asked her teacher for help. However, her teacher replied that in her class, “we only focus on big ideas – we don’t worry about little things like grammar.”
Fortunately, this course fills in the MASSIVE GAPS in writing training and instills and supports academic writing excellence - from grade 6 up to senior high school. In fact, I strongly believe this course is the single best investment you can make in your child’s future. Protect all the time, energy, and money you have invested in your child's education, and help them get ahead of their peers. You’ll see a complete attitude change toward writing: young learners LOVE writing as soon as they become good at it.
FREE writing assessment and strategy session
If you’d like your child to develop excellent writing skills, I offer a FREE assessment of your child’s writing and a strategy session to put them on the road to success.
Here’s how it works:
- You can send me a recent example of your child's writing OR I can send you a prompt for your child to write a short essay.
- You'll have access to my calendar to book a 45-minute Zoom meeting to go over your child's writing.
- I’ll personally discuss the results with you and provide you with a plan to support your child’s success - whether you want to study with AEM Academy or help your child on your own. There is no obligation to buy anything.
A few spots are available in the program. They go fast, so please complete the form below and click Book a FREE writing assessment to secure your spot.
Let’s talk about helping your child write well.
Jan Waginski, OCT